Wednesday, August 01, 2007

San Diego Zoo

I spent about 5 hours at the zoo today sketching with Susan and Joan. Susan wanted to go by the tortoises because they keep pretty still but they were quite active and in some interesting positions.




It's good that we don't mind drawing in front of people. When the tortoises started mating about 1 foot in front of us, we were surrounded by tons of people. You can barely see Susan in her chair.
I stepped back to take a picture of all the people and we decided to go to the koi pond.
When my sister was here from Tennessee kept making me laugh by telling me about the tortoises at her zoo that were mating. She said the male was making faces and waving his arms up in the air. Well I watched our tortoises here in San Diego for a while and they NEVER did that. I'm going to have a talk with her. . . Hello?

2 comments:

suzanne cabrera said...

Hee, hee. I can't help but chuckle at the peacock with her feathers in the mating tortoise's mouth!

Crumpled Paperbirds said...

Those are tortoises in some tricky positions:) Can't stand the look of the one staring at the camera, too scary...the scatched ones are adorable***