Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sketchbook pages and EDM #42

Me, Susan and Joan went to Balboa Park to paint and sketch. I sketched some of the lawn bowlers and drew this San Diego Landmark at Balboa Park. It's the clock tower and the bridge leading from one end of the park to the next. Everyday Matters Challenge #42 is draw a landmark of my city.








Susan fed the squirrels peanut butter sandwiches and later we went to lunch in Hillcrest. Home of the City Deli. I've always liked the Hillcrest sign that spans across the street.

7 comments:

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

LOVE the people and the sketch of balboa is awesome ...terrific job on that one!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Wow the sketches are just fantastic.

Genine said...

Arty, these are fantastic!!!
The people and Balboa, I really love them!!!

Gabriel Campanario said...

wow, your sketches are terrific, you got all the bowlers' action down with few, confident strokes. i really like how you colored through the figures on the top left page

Anonymous said...

Love your Balboa Park landmark! I lived in LaJolla 4 years long before I started sketching. I'll need to return for a sketching vacation!

Lynn said...

The lawnbowler sketches are excellent! You really captured the action.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sketches! You guys must have had a great day. That sketch of the bridge and towers is just stunning.