Thursday, August 30, 2007

Palisades Park, Pacific Beach, California

The San Diego Watercolor Society Paint out was at Palisades Park in Pacific Beach. We had a good turn out again. The view from the park included the pier on one side and cliff side houses on the other. I drew the houses because the pier was hard for me see because of the overcast sky.

Our group critique. I loved the piece he is holding. Nice strong bold colors with the red orange rooftops complimenting the bright green grass.

Our group.

My piece, pen and ink with watercolor. The image is about 8 x 10 inches.

A little art card, going for bright and bold inspired by the piece I admired.

2 comments:

Linda said...

GREAT paintings - both the landsacape and the art card!

Alison said...

Oh, I love this landscape. It has such a seaside feel to it.