Saturday, April 28, 2007
The breakfast chair.
The tin man.
(a real man acting like a statue, poor thing)
Murals and Musicians
I wanted my picture taken under the little Italy sign but something happened
um . . . . or didn't happen
Friday, April 27, 2007
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Monday, April 02, 2007
Team roping event.
Today I worked on 2 ACEOs both done in watercolor and ink on 140 lb watercolor paper. Watching an artist DVD is like visiting an art show. For me, it is pure motivation. Last night I saw a DVD on Al Hirshfeld, a caricature cartoonist. Constantly drawing, carrying his sketchbook around, and working daily. Why do artists draw and paint? I don't know, I think we just have to.
Sunday, April 01, 2007
1. Lawn Bowlers wear their whites during tournaments, bocce people don't
2. It's usually kind of quite at a lawn bowls tournament. I find it relaxing. The Bocce tournament I went to was not very quiet.
3. Lawn Bowls is played with a white "jack". This Bocce tournament had a tennis ball at every game. I think it was meant to serve the same purpose as the jack.
4. The majority of the lawn bowlers I have seen are "seniors", very cute, respectable looking citizens. Bocce players were all ages with the majority looking 30-early 50s.
5. The bocce tournament had great music, I have never heard music during lawn bowling tournaments.
6. Lawn bowls games use a lot more balls. This bocce used about 3 or four for each team. I think.
Well that's from an observer not a player.
From the tournament.
On the right are high school kids playing the electric drums.
The music was very enjoyable. I was the only one that clapped though.