Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Fast Sketching Techniques by David Rankin




I am currently reading Fast Sketching Techniques by David Rankin. My interest was peaked after reading about the book in some Everyday Matters Group postings. The three basic techniques David Rankin uses are: Black Linework, using a Blending Tool for grays, and establishing whites for points of interest. I like his technique because the sketches look, strong, bold and solid (his do anyway!). I practiced this technique while watching TV.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Nice work, Arty. Since I am so new to drawing (since January) I plan to pick up this book and get some ideas. I have been using a pen as Danny suggests (so we aren't always erasing and trying to get it perfect), but there are times when pencil is just nicer looking.