Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Giverny

Today my landscape class met at the San Diego Museum of Art to view Impressionist Giverny: A Colony of Artists, 1885–1915. The exhibit included more than 100 Impressionist paintings, some by Monet, Robinson and Breck. It was the perfect exhibit for us plein air painters to explore. Before we went in, we talked about learning from the masters and the horizontals, verticals and diagonals in successful paintings. After viewing the exhibit we did our thumbnails, to prepare for our paintings next week. Here are mine:

















I got a little distracted and drew other things during the day.

This is an old man wearing shorts that were made for the 60s and 70s. I don't think he should have done that.


















Then there was the lady that didn't like the idea of me drinking water in the museum.





















I posted a piece I did earlier this month on eBay with the starting bid of $65. It is a view of the coastline from Palisades Park in Pacific Beach, California. Painted and drawn on location.

No comments: