Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hilleary Park, Poway

There are several paths and a stream behind the walkway alongside the soccer fields at Hilleary Park. I ventured down a few but mostly they seemed a little too desolate so I set up at the start of a trail and painted what I saw.

Lots and lots of colorful dried up reddish, brownish black trees and golden brown dried up leaves. I sat by a little tiny part of the stream that wasn't dried up but when I sat on my beach chair I couldn't see it. It was pretty nice out today, about 75.

5 comments:

Jana Bouc said...

Gorgeous colors and textures in this beautiful scene. Your watercolors are scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic painting! You've really captured that dappled light beautifully.

Anonymous said...

I am discovering your blog and loving this! Beautiful colors.

Anonymous said...

I actually love this painting...
I am actually starting a hippy commune there.
Stop by if you ever want to do paintings of people...
oligt@aol.com

Jenni Monaghan said...

We just walked along this creek today - raccoon prints on the shore, pairs of mallards swimming along... Park & rec cleaned it up a bit - not so desolate, but still a magical place