Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Coronado Ferry Landing

Sharpie September Day 4 was created at the Ferry Landing in Coronado. I visited the area to see which spot would be a good meeting place for the San Diego Urban Sketchers. I had a cup of coffee at the Coronado Coffee Company and sketched for a little while. It seemed to be the meeting place for retired men having their morning coffee, a destination for their morning bike ride.  I also walked over to the fishing area of the landing and sketched from there. A young couple was scurrying around trying to catch fish from both sides of the pier and reporting on the phone how many they had in the bucket. I wonder if they worked for a restaurant. They kept admiring my sketches every time they passed by me.

It was a peaceful morning with light sprinkles. It's hard to believe that it will be high 90's by the end of the week. I had my sweatshirt on the entire time.

No comments: